Friday, May 1, 2020

The Missed Sunset !!


Let’s go up to Height of the land in Rangeley and watch the sunset, I said as we walked through Walmart.  It’s a beautiful sun filled day and we need to get out of the house!  Sure, lisa said. 

We finished our shopping and drove home to put stuff away before we headed north. 

As we drove there, which takes about an hour, my cloud free sky started to darken on the horizon.   LOOK!! I said, clouds are coming in!   You watch and see if by the time we get there the sunset will be hidden! I sputtered in disgust!

So, on we drove and the closer we got the thicker the clouds got on the horizon and started moving across the sky. In my usual way I started fussing before we even got there. “Yup gonna drive all this way and end up with NO SUNSET!  I murmured and fussed the last couple miles as my prediction came true, The sun was gone behind the clouds never to return this day .

Lisa never said a word as we neared the look out. As we sat there clearly NOT getting a sunset,  I went on and fussed more about things not going my way and wasting time, should have stayed home!  First time trying to get a sunset and NOOOOO mother nature has to throw us a curve ball and ruin MY plans!!

So, what about Lisa? She did what she always does. She saw the beauty in life! 

While I ranted and raved about the unfair situation and wasted time and gas, she went about the situation like she goes about life. 

She took out her camera and began to take pictures, after each one she showed me the beauty of what she had seen and the pictures she had taken. 

She brings to my world the joys and beauty I would miss if she was not in my life ! She quietly and patiently brings joy to my life when I seemingly do everything I can to avoid it and try not to see it.

She completes me and makes me so much better than I would be without her! She "is" the beauty in my life and she makes sure I don't miss the beauty around me! No matter how hard I try !

Here is a the picture she took and the beauty SHE did not need anyone to show her!

No comments:

Post a Comment