Sunday, April 4, 2021

 So, I have to admit I am exhausted!  I have had 24 hours that has drained me both mentally and physically.

Now I do a lot of thing in a year that push me physically. I put in 3 to 5 cord of wood each year. I cut full length logs into stove size pieces.  It takes weeks to get it all done.

I cut, Split, throw in the basement and stack it all. It is a ton of work and very tiring . 

But that wasn’t it.

I hike mountain all summer long that push my body and my mind as I try to make it to the top.  

Nope that's not it either!

I do a lot of spring yard work this time of year to get things ready for summer.

 You see I never do what I should in the fall so come spring I have a lot of cleaning, raking, picking up and cutting back of plants and shrubs.

 Just a major amount of work to do in order to make sure the place looks good for summer. 

But again , nope that’s not what is making me tired.

What does have me on the brink of falling asleep as I sit here at 5:30 on a Saturday night is the fact that I just spent 24 hours, along with Lisa, taking care of our first Grandchild Katherine Alice. 

She is 3 months shy of 2 years old .

We had the pleasure of having her for the first overnight last night. 

We had a great time with her!

We played, we laughed , we pouted when we got into things we shouldn’t have. 

We worked so hard to get to sleep at 11:00 last night since only 2 of the three of us thought sleep was important !

We ate bacon and eggs for breakfast, and we played all day .

We found everything we shouldn’t as a 2-year-old and all-day long Gramma and Grandpa ran around making sure we didn’t get into something we shouldn’t. 

Its hard to baby proof a house for a 2-year-old !

We read books, we rode the whale rocker, and we ate lots of yummy food.  Oh and yes we ran around the inside of the house !  Miles and miles traveled in such a small area inside the house !

Honestly, it was one of the best 24 hours I have spent in a long time. I loved every minute of it,  and I can’t wait to do it again !

AND I AM EXHAUSTED !

 Dang keeping up with a 2-year-old is hard work !!

I can’t wait to do it again !!

Good night everyone !

No comments:

Post a Comment